Fundamentals of Garment Screen Printing Workshop
Wild Side North conducts regularly scheduled workshops at its’ showroom location in Slippery Rock, PA.
The popular seminar, “The Fundamentals of Garment Screen Printing” teaches all the basics: plastisol inks, pre-press, press set-up, hands-on printing, and screen reclaiming.
• Plastisol Inks: what they are and how they work; ink additives and modifiers; choosing the right ink for the right garment.
• Pre-Press: creating graphics; understanding screen frames, mesh, and emulsions. Includes screen coating and screen exposure.
• Press set up: registering multi-color jobs and off-contact printing. Fine tuning the printer to fit the job.
• Multi-color printing: printing production is explained, students get to print on T-shirts, aprons, caps, and nylon.
• Screen reclaiming: proper recycling of screens to insure trouble free re-imaging.
Each fundamentals course is limited to 4 students, allowing lots of individual attention and “hands-on” learning. Past attendees have come from as far as Louisiana, Oregon, and Puerto Rico.
Classes are held from 8:30am to 5pm. Tuition covers the cost of all instruction and materials. Call for upcoming dates and registration form.